Energy Focus Blog
8 Ways to Improve Circadian Wellness
- Make sure your sleeping room is as dark as possible. Wear an eye mask or use black out curtains.
- Make sure your sleeping room is as quiet as possible. Wear earplugs if you live in a noisy area.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine before bedtime. Alcohol and caffeine can disrupt your sleep patterns.
- Take a nap during a work break. Taking a short nap can boost your alertness during the mid-afternoon slump.
- Get up at the same time every day. Even if you fall asleep at different times, getting up at the same time can force you to sleep earlier and correct your sleep cycle.
- Light therapy. Sit or work near light that is more blue in color and brighter during waking hours. During the hours leading to bed, use a warmer, dimmer light to help stimulate melatonin production.
- Chronotherapy. This is a behavioral treatment that consists of gradually shifting the sleep time in accordance with your desired schedule.
- Speak with your doctor. They may recommend a dietary supplement, such as melatonin, or another medication if trouble sleeping persists.
For LED lighting that is made with humans in mind, visit shop.energyfocus.com.